Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Working in the field for the grandma



So I have begun workin in the field again for that older women I met in the field on a walk. I did some work about 2 weeks ago but after farina told me it looked as though I wasn’t doing it right I never went back for fear the old women would be angry at me for doing my free labor incorrectly.

Well last week I ran into her on the street while I was with farina. She came up and was very happy to see me. She told me how good of a job I had done. I had passed by the field only the day before to witness where I had worked the corn was easily the highest around and that maybe I had correctly weeded with my hoe in a fashion that would encourage the growth of the corn not hinder it.

So anyhow I quickly blamed my not coming by to work more on farina’s errant observation which was quickly rewarded by a quick scolding from the old women upon farina. I really left her out hanging there but it was in good fun and a little revenge given how my previous 6 hour effort left me feeling bad about myself rather then happy for doing a good deed.

Anyhow I have spent the past 2 days putting in a total of 7 hours of work in a field overgrown with weeds. The old women gave up on it because she said she is too old and her help turned to alcoholism. So now im fighting the weeds that were allowed to grow too long for anybodies good hoping to earn a little respect from the surrounding people working in the field so I can then approach them with my questionnaire for my work.

Unfortunately I haven’t really seen anybody out there the past two days. Just a few broken hoes to and a sun day to show for my effort.

No comments: