Sunday, July 13, 2008

Castle

This is infront of the baron of all the gypsies house. Farina, Eric, Two germans i forgot thier names then me :)


Here are some castle pictures in Sorroca


More caslte pictures. find me ;-)


This was our ride to Sorroca.


7.13.08

A couple of weeks ago I went to Sorroca, a city about 4 hours by hitch hiking to the east of my town Edinet. I heard of the castle over there, and their large population of gypsies and their giant houses in this location known as gypsy hill.

Any who I set off with farina my German traveling companion and hitched our way there. It luckily only took 2 different vehicles to get there. The first was a van with one window and the second was a very large dump truck hauling sand.

The castle was neat. I really enjoy going and looking at castles given we don’t have a single real one in America or anywhere near Kansas. And most of the castles here are older then America by a good amount of years. So I went there, I saw the castle, I walked along the river walk, I saw gypsy hill and had a good time.

I met up with two more Germans who I met randomly on a previous date and another peace corps volunteer. The castle was laughed at by the Germans who have “real” castles in their home country but it was still impressive enough for me.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

gypsies eh? me like