Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I am a peace corps volunteer

I came home last night soaking wet from the rain. Its was 10:30 at night, I had just spent about 4 hours discussing this summer camp which has turned into a fiasco of the highest magnitude. To spare the details and angry words… there is a big problem with planning over here… there is a summer camp that might or might not happen that I am not really even a supporter for but have been dragged into it through acquaintances.

And I am now in charge of getting the budget done. It is now 6 am and I am waking up to do this get this budget done, then go to the store to price items so I can meet with a woman who is possibly the most difficult woman I have ever worked with. She talks to me with a tone and attitude that I would really only let me own mother get away with or possibly my future wife after 10 years of marriage and I just take it.

So long story short, I worked with this difficult woman finished up, walked home in the pouring rain through the complete darkness, in my sandals, sloshing through puddles, dodging potholes with the light of my cell phone under a umbrella. As im walking I see a car in the distance, I quickly jump to the side of the road as far as I can from the street, but of course he turns right next to my spot runs right over a huge puddle, I prepare, turn the umbrella to the side to repel the onslaught only to angle the umbrella wrong and take a tidel wave of dirty water all over me.

Who else would put up with crap? After screaming a few obscenities after the car I started laughing, and smiled the whole way home. :)

No comments: