Saturday, January 10, 2009

Aspiration Statement before i became negative.

ASPIRATION STATEMENT
Kyle Stremme
Moldova
September 9th, 2007


A: The professional attributes that you plan to use, and what aspirations you hope to fulfill, during your Peace Corps service.

After reviewing the VAD I feel that I will be able to use my experience at the Enterprise Center that I am currently working at to help local entrepreneurs raise funding they need to get started. I understand the financial markets will be different but the fundamental strategy of taking an idea from the concept stage to a commercial stage is a critical attribute that I possess.

I really would just like to hopefully help anyone commercialize an idea so that they can provide for their family and learn along in the process. I hope to take on side projects which involve taking an idea and do cost and revenue projections to see weather the idea has any validity.

B: Your strategies for working effectively with host country partners to meet expressed needs.

I think the biggest key to success in working with host country partners is open mindedness. I will be a participant in their activities, learning their culture and their way of things before jumping into a leadership role. I am very much a student to their lives as they will be to what I will be teaching them.

C: Your strategies for adapting to a new culture with respect to your own cultural background.


Open mindedness is a large part of adaptation. I am going into this with little to no expectations of it being easy or hard. Without expectations it is hard to be disappointed or disgruntled. I will exercise respect for everyone I meet and I will attempt to show compassion and dedication in every activity I take on. I will gain their respect through exhaustive language studies and hard work outside of my normal job.

D: The skills and knowledge you hope to gain during pre-service training to best serve your future community and project.

I hope to learn ways of raising capital in their country. From my studies I understand it is hard to obtain capital. I hope to learn why the agricultural market is so risk averse, and how to overcome this obstacle.

E: How you think Peace Corps service will influence your personal and professional aspirations after your service ends.

I joined this program to learn compassion for others. I believe this is a skill that has to be taught and experienced and is not an innate aspect to the human race. I hope the experiences I gain through this will give me the confidence to be successful in my future endeavors and enforce putting other first in everything I do in the future.

No comments: